An old friend (of Seriy) is a side mission in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha standalone mod from v1.4002 onwards.
|“|| People missing are a common sight in Zone. But, you can look for them anyway. There's an info that he's either at the Warehouses or Forest.|
- Detailed task information
- The mission is given by Seriy after successful recapture of the Hangar.
- It should not be confused with An old friend (of the Major) which will have a similar basic name in the player's task list. The two are quite unrelated and may both be present in the list.
- The mission is multi stage and involves considerable inter zone travel.
- Due to the fact that bleeding control is difficult to achieve in a meaningful sense for the player (from v1.4005) the prospect for acquiring a Fungus is attractive early on.
- Noting that Artifact Spawns in the Music Village might also be of considerable additional advantage tends to give this mission a higher priority for the player.
- (Seriy's Pellicle is of secondary importance)
- The mission is quite resolvable (without visiting Agroprom) if the player follows one or other optional paths when trying to Help the Duty checkpoint. Access to the Rostok and Forest levels may be purchased (20000 Ru) or worked for.
- Exploits also exist to visit other levels as noted in the Main Mission Strategy article.
- There is a 'safe' path through Forest but it is much easier in a SSP-99M suit.
- There are two herds of mutants the first of Boar near the Duty Checkpoint (Forest), and a pack of Fleshes midway between the Music Village and the Electro Oasis.
- There are five Zombies and a Ghost Zombie in the Music Village itself.
- Around seven Zombified Stalkers inhabit Zombie Hamlet, but appear to be especially burnt-out in v1.4005.
- It is in the player's interest to remove ALL of these opponents from the board before trying to rescue Paulie.
- "Farming" the Zombies as noted in Artifact Spawns may also be considered.
- Should a Blowout occur at this point, the Duty Checkpoint (Forest) is within sprinting range...
- A trio of Bloodsuckers patrol behind the Music Village where Paulie visits his "stash". They can be safely ignored.
- Depending on game-depth and location, sprinting to the Bandit Mine is also a possibility. Early in the game it will have no inhabitants.