Got a job for you, Marked One...
This article or section could use some images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on this page's talk page.
- The Anomaly is in many respects the defining feature of how the whole Zone differs from the external Big Land.
- An Anomaly may exist singly in isolation but can often be observed in clusters of Anomalies of considerable variety.
- All anomalies should be treated with respect by Stalkers of any factional persuasion as they are almost universally inimical to the individual's well-being.
- There are a variety of different properties that Anomalies generate or manifest within the Zone and these properties are helpful in separating them into their various categories.
- The player begins the game with a basic Simple anomaly detector which will 'beep' in the vicinity of an anomaly.
- The player may also note atmospheric or visual disturbances in areas where they occur.
- The passage of local fauna through the effective area of an anomaly may also assist in determining their location.
List of anomalies by principal effectEdit
Heat based anomaliesEdit
- Ameba (I'm open to any name that you want to call this - seen in Darkscape and Pripyat Underground notably)
- Burnt Fuzz
- Rusty Hair
- Witches' Jelly
Anomalies with uncertain provenanceEdit