The Binoculars is a piece of basic equipment that the player receives in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“|| Military Field Binoculars|
- Inventory description
- Provided free at the beginning of the game.
- Arguably the most useful piece of basic equipment after the Knife.
- Zoom factor of 7.5x.
- May be used in conjunction with Night vision accessories.
- Differentiates NPCs according to their factional attitude (green for friendly, etc.)
- Determines the location of mutants as well but with only white place markers.
- Normally auto-attaching and 'undroppable'.
- Do not degrade with use, nor are they upgradeable in any manner.
- The parameters for the device are not those listed for "binocular_a" in the devices.ltx file but those in the w_binoc.ltx file.
- Although 'undroppable' and not normally accessible through inventory, the player may store them accidentally or otherwise in any stash or corpse that will accept items.
- Unlike the gameplay in the Base Game, Binoculars show up more frequently on dead NPCs, notably on the Mercs in Darkscape.
- Acquired units may have a value of 199 Ru.