Got a job for you, Marked One...
Spawn points refreshed
A Blowout is a major feature occurring in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha on a daily basis.
- In the Base Game there was one scripted Blowout and another timed sequence at the CNPP as the player ran into the Sarcophagus.
- The second Blowout invariably resulted in the death of the hero.
- In S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Blowouts, also known as Psi storms, are a feature of the weather as far as the player is concerned and need to be dealt with.
- A Blowout typically lasts for 30 minutes, involves extreme and usually fatal psi-emissions if experienced in the open, accompanied by high levels of earth-tremor.
- Within any given Level there are Blowout shelters where ALL players may take refuge from the phenomenon but the capacity of any given shelter is specified in the game files. These are marked with an animated radiation icon.
- In some instances (notably at the Arena in Great Metal Factory) it is possible to shelter in the open next to the refuge. Or on the roof of the administrative center in Dead City.
- Failure to shelter within a refuge is usually fatal.
- In cases where the player is extremely distant from any shelter it may be possible for the player to run and leave the level to survive. While this works; any subsequent return to that level will show the shelter icons still in place even if the storm is over. They remain in place until a further storm triggers whilst the player is in the level and remains until its conclusion.
- A Psi storm counter appears top right in the player's display.
- Finding a blowout shelter should be the principle objective at this stage.
- There are several instances where the player is caught in the open without recourse to shelter - and survives. Much as in the scripted event in the Base Game.
- There is also an exploit / bug in that the player may sleep through the blowout and survive. This presupposes that the player's actor actually needs sleep.
|Lost Alpha Anomalies|