If you're out playing "meet and greet" with the Zombies
All above-ground Levels
|“|| Blowout !|
A blowout is approaching
I should use my map to find shelter
and wait there until it ends ...
- PDA message
- The Lost Alpha has much livelier weather than S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Part of the evolution of the weather are random Blowout events which are potentially lethal to the player.
- For this reason, finding a safe location for the duration becomes imperative.
- Miraculously, the player will receive a heads-up timer counting down to the storm's onset. During this time only two options are open to the player:
- Get to a blowout shelter, or,
- Leave the current Level.
- Reaching the interior of a shelter is not always necessary.
- In the Great Metal Factory standing next to the Arena door is sufficient.
- In Dead City the Admin Center where one or two snipers are on the roof, gives adequate protection on the roof out in the open.
- Failure to reach a shelter does not always result in instant death when the timer expires. The game may hang or crash, however.
- There is, of course, Antidote which is alleged to protect against the depredations of a Blowout. Its functionality is unclear.
- Even some of the areas that are not marked are safe.