|“|| While inactive, the anomaly manifests itself as a barely visible cloud of hot air. When triggered by an object or a living being it instantly heats up to lethal temperatures approaching 1500K. At nighttime, it can be revealed by powerful detectors or by throwing metal objects into the trigger area. Forms three types of artifacts: Droplets, Fireball and Crystal.|
- Encyclopedia description
- The bane of most stalkers' experience of the Zone.
- Detectors are not able to sense these particular manifestations, with the concomitant result that stalkers receive NO audio cue concerning their existence.
- Even Elite anomaly detector fail in this respect and provide NO visual cues in the player's minimap either.
- Visual clues as to their presence are a distorted pillar of supposedly 'hot air' in the immediate vicinity of the anomaly; burnt, scorched, dead or an absence of plant life around the immediate area; a noticeable absence of fauna in the neighbourhood; and a generally desertified 'feel' to an area that contains Burner anomalies.
- Incidental detection of Droplets or Green Parasites is an immediate notification that Burners are nearby.
- Contrary to general logic, Fireball and Crystal artifacts do not appear to spawn around these anomalies at the start of a game.
- Consequently, the player may only spawn these and the other rarer artifacts associated with the anomaly by similar methods to those detailed in Artifact Spawns. This is somewhat problematic if wildlife is absent from the general area, as is generally the case.