Got a job for you, Marked One...
- As page name suggests, this some helpful info for cheating in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
Often, players can cheat S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series games by mods themselves make to suit purpose, but Xray Engine interestingly comes equipped to cheating. These, actually, they are more of help than creating exoskeleton that can run with 400kg. Big "cheat" mention here is console command-jump_to_level, which has most detail.
Mentioned above. This a console command, which instantly takes the player to desired map. Proven safe, with no game corruptions or unusual level of CTD occurring.
This extremely handy tool. Can carry player past entire unnecessary maps when going to next mission marker, or can make looting faster, convenient, and fun! See Examples, which show below.
How To Use CommandEdit
For player to use command, simply open console (default: `) and hit letter, "J". "jump_to_level", often, it is the first option to pop up, and player may use down arrow to locate it, or just type command manually. Next, hit space-bar, and then type or paste (default: CTRL + V) level file name. Then, hit ENTER. Automatically, it will take the player's actor to specified level.
List of LevelsEdit
|Level File Name||Level In-Game Name|
|la05_bar_rostok||Great Metal Factory|
|la12_stancia||V.I. Lenin Atomic Power Station|
1. Bar TransfersEdit
Getting into 100 Rads Bar, it can be annoying from Garbage or Forest level changers. But, does not have to be anymore! Now, if player types "jump_to_level la07_military" they can enter from Military Warehouse level changer instead. No hassle, takes less time, and no more wasting of ammo on obnoxious pseudodog pack.
2. Avoidance Of Extra DamagesEdit
When player must go to Lost Factory through Radar and Countryside, now Radar may simply be passed by with "jump_to_level la19_country". Player must still go through Countryside for scripted blowout/Ecologist rescue, but now you don't have to travel through Radar wasting medkits for the pesky psi-damage.
Oh no! Player frisks a corpse, and a stash coordinates falls out! But the stash is all the way over on another map, where player has no missions! But not to fear. Now, using "jump_to_level la22_forest", player can dash through, grab stash, and then, right back again!
- Console command, it can be very helpful and easy, but sometimes annoying. "jump_to_level" takes player to nearest level-changer for requested map, so could be the one they not want. Plan accordingly.
- jump_to_level can transport the player to a test map, use "jump_to_level ai_test" and the player will be transport in a test level
This another console command, which also very helpful but no negative side-effects other than stalkers thinking you a wimp.
If player facing a particularly tough challenge, like of the Lab X-7 where computer attacks player but player not allowed to kill of the conventional type, can use this command to grant invulnerability/unlimited stamina/unlimited weight carrying. Or player can use it throughout the whole game, if they a wimp.
How To Use CommandEdit
To activate, player must open console (default: `) and type "g_god on". When option pops up in the list, do not get fooled: will say "off [current]". Ignore. By typing "on" and hit ENTER, God Mode now is active.
- Sometimes, if player loads a save or, changes levels, God Mode-it becomes turned off. Player must then re-activate through the console.
- On the HUD will be a small green symbol of the top-right corner. Looks like a skull in a circle, this will only show, when, God Mode is on.
- It must be mentioned as well, this mode makes you virtually invulnerable. VIRTUALLY. There are two things, which I know can still kill the player. One is by shooting the hologram in X-7. This is a scripted auto-death and nothing will save you, just run through the lab and turn him off like normal. However if you are cornered, his "attack," it will not do damage to the player. The other is the blowout. This is also a scripted auto-death. Unless you in cover, player's actor will be killed when the blowout peaks. But in levels like Forest, where shelters few and far between, you are still protected from things which would kill you on the way to the shelter.