Got a job for you, Marked One...
Get out of here stalker!
This page contains spoilers to the game's final plot. It is advised you skip this section or page if you haven't completed the game yet!
|Dead City(Lost Alpha)|
Dead City loading image
- Dead City is a major location appearing in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha standalone Mod.
- A medium sized, decaying city.
- There are plenty of Pseudodogs and Blind Dogs within the city, some others in the countryside and Cats to the south.
- Swampbeasts and Fleshes inhabit the river to the east.
- After the Mercenaries are cleared out, the Military various mutants will repopulate the city.
- A Large, disused cinema located just south of the city center.
- Initially the headquarters for the Mercenaries until they are purged by the Military, where upon it becomes a military staging ground in the area.
- The Military remain non-hostile to the player throughout the game.
- A large, disused, public sports building at the north end of the city center.
- After the Mercs are driven out, a Controller takes up residence upstairs.
- Large, disused office building located at the south side of the city center.
- Populated by Mercenaries until the military purge, where upon it becomes and stays abandoned for the rest of the game.
- A small, derelict village located in the north-west corner of the map. 
- Populated by six Bandits.
- Located near the north-east corner of the map, on top of a hill.
- Populated by three Freedom members and some nearby Snorks at the lake.
Notable Buildings Edit
- Numerous buildings located around the Dead City.
- The decaying city holds many treasures and many traps. The area is rife with anomalies, mutants, Mercenaries and loot.
- A large, forgotten graveyard located in the south-east part of the map.
- Populated with around six Zombies and a few Burner anomalies.
- The player is sent from Yantar to Dead City to Get the scientists package for Sakharov.
- The player is then mugged, imprisoned, meets with Doc and is subsequently rescued by the Military taskforce led by Col. Sergej D. Dobrosnyan.
Side Missions Edit
- Kill and identify the bandit (Freeplay)
Notable Loot Edit
- This will probably be the location that will first provide the player with good NATO weaponry and attachments.
- The retrieval mission for Sakharov may be subverted in a variety of entertaining manners. See the entry for Dushman for details.
- After the Military raid the player is tasked with advanced scouting of the locale ostensibly to provide cover as Doc makes his escape to the Swamps.
- There is a considerable looting opportunity here, with a great number of SGI 5k and TRs 301 ordnance to be had. Dead Military will source Obokan/AC96/2 and Akm 74/2 weaponry and the Mercenaries are also a good source of Martha handguns as well as good quantities of ammo.
- Visits to the Admin Center and the Sports Center are also worthwhile.
- Several Merc snipers will be tooled with SGI 5k fitted with SUSAT scopes and Silencers; Dushman provides a variant with the M203 grenade launcher pre-attached and also a Mercenary suit.
- One recommendation is to make a rolling set of game-saves if performing a looting spree and to ferry loot back to a convenient lootpile near the Cultural Center out of patrol range of the Poltergeist pair and away from the blast range of the local Burer.
- Immediately after the Military raid, the player has plenty of time for this since the mutants will not spawn until later when the level is revisited, (at which point the corpses will have been long since removed)
- PAB-9 ammo can be found, but there is no weapon to use with.
- This area was intended to appear in previous games, however it was cut from the final release
- In the older S.T.A.L.K.E.R. builds there was a bandit HQ located in this map, lead by Borzij. In Lost Alpha only a camp remained.
|Lost Alpha game locations|