- There is no mission briefing for this task. It is inherited on completion of the preceding task, You're dreaming, follow your dream.
- This is a four part mission involving turning off the four power switches that are now operational thanks to the completion of the Turn on brain power-station mission earlier.
- As mentioned in the preceding mission, the player wakes from the "dream" in a laboratory workshop above the control room but faces a number of immediate problems.
- The mission concludes when all four switches are down-powered.
- A countdown timer will commence when the player enters the control room and will give the player 5 minutes and 50 seconds to complete all business.
- The very immediate problems center around the recently spawned Controller in the control room (who will attempt to leave the room), the fact that the player's belt has been emptied of all attachable articles and that their rifle is set to auto.
- Since entering the control room triggers the timer, disposing of the controller without entering would be the preferred course. This is not always possible.
- Without triggering the timer the player will have some (indefinite) time to recover from neurological ravages without resorting to medical means.
- Remaining outside the control room will also draw some of the fifteen or so Zombified Stalkers into the control room where they may be more easily eliminated. Some will enter at speed.
- The remaining opposition consists of around ten Zombies, a Poltergeist, a Pyrogeist and as many of the Zombified Stalkers that remain on lower levels during the rest of the mission.
- The original entrance to the control room is blocked. Egress is either by the opposite side towards the Zombified Stalkers, or out of the window (carefully)
- Collecting the PDA in the "wake-up-room" may be an advantage.
- The subverted Stalkers need to be shot. The civilian zombies may be killed or run away from and the flying threats are best eliminated to prevent nuisance attacks.
- The Miracle Machine entity has rearranged items so that some amount of climbing is needed around obstacles.
- Falling to the very lowest level is usually fatal and contains several Burner anomalies.
- Near the beginning of the mission, Doc contacts the player to give a 'hurry-up' after the main switch has been turned off.