Got a job for you, Marked One...
|“|| A mobile lab resembles a small armoured bunker with tiny windows of tainted glass. The lab is capable of withstanding a lot of damage and with its reliable life-support systems it can work autonomously for several months. The bunker is delivered into the Zone by a transport helicopter. The lab staff never allow visitors past the external air-lock chamber, so no stalker has ever been inside one.|
- Encyclopedia entry for "Mobile science lab"
The Ecologists are Ukrainian scientists sent into the Zone on behalf of the government, but seem to be affiliated with outside organizations. Their main purpose is the study of all aspects of the Zone, using scientific methods to further explain what the Zone is, and its purpose. The Ecologists are neutral to all factions, and are not involved in any of their conflicts. Due to the military's slipping grip on the Zone, the Ecologists rely on opportunistic Dutyers, Loners, and Mercenaries to provide them protection, and to perform errands that may require combat, since the scientists are better thinkers than fighters.
- Also referred to as Scientists.
- Well protected members sport lab coats so are effectively in civilian dress.
- All other members wear either SSP-99 Ecologist or the more durable SSP-99M suit.
- The player will note that Sakharov has his allegiance set to the Trader faction, even though he still pays good money for Artifacts and sells recipes for the Artifact Merger.