|Eliminate the mercs|
General area for Merc hunting.
Money: 5000 Ru
Eliminate the mercs is an optional one-shot side-mission that appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
- This is one of two available side-missions available from Barkeep when he relocates to the Outskirts Bar.
- The task involves the extermination of the Merc camp on Darkscape.
- The Mercenaries are armed with TRs 301 assault rifles and clad in nothing stronger than Mercenary suits.
- They are 15 in number, and will be using grenades.
- There is an assortment of abandoned vehicles that may be used for cover.
- The coastal vegetation works in favour of the Mercs for cover.
- If the player is going to take this mission on, then it may be profitable to combine it with side-missions from Alex and Lukash.
- Drawing the Mercs out of the Service Area so that they attempt flanking moves and sacrifice their cover in the process is one option.
- Grenades will also soften them up, but this will also damage any weapon loot.
- In general, about ten opponents will defend the Service Area, two more the Docks, and the others will inhabit the nearby shipwreck that vaguely resembles the Skadovsk.
- Sometimes, one lone Merc will make a nuisance of himself if the player acquires the Moskvich or UAZ Jeep from the southern end of Darkscape and visited the Abandoned Village in the process.
- Killing him isn't a problem, and Barkeep will still issue this mission later in the game, but it has an excellent likelihood of not completing properly.