|Find and wear a bandit suit|
Rank increase: +2
|“|| Where can I find a bandit suit?|
- Marked One
|“|| I guess you could get one from Barkeep, or perhaps you can find one at an old entrance to a small underground near here that the bandits used to use. I heard many died there in an explosion, maybe one of their suits is still usable. I'll mark the place on your map.|
- Oleg Gusarov
- As the name of the mission suggests, simply donning a Bandit jacket concludes the mission.
- The intention (and result) of this subterfuge is that the player temporarily changes factional allegiance and joins the Bandits...
- This intentional maneuver will provide for bloodless visits to both the Bandit Base and the Monolith Base later on.
- The first time that the player receives this mission in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha it would be highly unlikely that the player arrived with the requisite armour. Consequently, Gusarov sends the player off to explore Dark Valley in the area of the Dark Valley Underground.
- There are earlier opportunities to acquire a free Bandit jacket near the Green House in the Garbage, or the building site near the "Crater Building" in the Wild Territory.
- Fitting Night vision is inexpensive and potentially useful later on in the early stages of Darklab.
- The Mail jacket from the Bandit Mine will not be sufficient to satisfy the mission requirements. (It also has no night vision nor the possibility of being fitted with such)
- The player gains a beneficial 'neutral' relationship with the Monolithians guarding the nearby Monolith Base above the entrance to the Darklab.
- As indicated in the article image, the player retains their status with the Loners but not as "green friendly" in this instance. This has a minor detrimental effect in trading costs and returns.
- The factional change is reversed during the Free the Dutyer from prison mission later on.
- Since that mission may be ignored, the player may exploit this to remain a bandit for the rest of the game.