|Find the Duty group deep in the zone|
Rank increase: +2
|“|| Good day, Lieutenant. Want to drink something? Or you're interested in another dirty job? OK then, listen... We sent a squad to a forgotten road almost 5 days ago, but we haven't had a sitrep since. I guess their radio signal isn't getting through from their position. I need you to figure out what happened to our strike team. The reason I sent them there wqs to investigate a rumors about some strange new species of mutants, and document anything about such a species. Are you ready to look into the secrets of this area?|
- The player heads for the indicated mapspot in Forgotten, to meet, and then assist the Duty group.
- The group is surrounded by five Chimera who remain inert until the player draws close.
- These need to be eliminated in due course and as many company members prevented from dying as possible.
- Conclusion of this stage - by reporting to the local commander - concludes the mission and spawns the Help the rest of the Duty group task.
- Both tasks need to be successfully completed if the mission set is to succeed.
- Failure to keep enough of your "comrades" alive will fail the mission.
- In this event, Voronin "dismisses you from further service with Duty" even as you are tasked with the Meet with Negotiator mission.
- This seemingly paradoxical behaviour comes about as a result of the "task_manager.ltx" file containing two entries for this mission pair: [bar_dolg_task_mutants] and [bar_dolg_muta_ver_fail]. Both missions have the same consequences (+2 rank, +100 Duty relation)
- Due to the nature of the opposition and the non-trivial risks of accidentally shooting a "comrade", making a save just prior to triggering the Chimera is recommended.
- Reducing the game difficulty for the duration of the level may also be necessary.