|Find the bandits' documents|
Work for this character.
Rank increase: +2
|“|| Yeah, well sometimes life's a bitch. Don't worry, we lost our sense of pain long ago, so it doesn't hurt... much. Anyways... if you want the Sin to trust you, go to the bandit base in Dark Valley. There are important documents there that we need. Oh, and we took the liberty of removing some of your equipment. The bandits are on high alert and are wary, so having all that gear on you will rouse suspicions. I will give you some bandit gear for you to blend in and some standard shooters. Think of it as a test of virtue if you will. You'll get it all back when you're done. I will also give you this PDA module which allows you to download information wirelessly from any computer that has anything useful on it. So be sure to use it.|
- Veles, mission briefing
- This four part mission continues the normal storyline when the player's actor gets whacked trying to Go deeper into the mines.
- It involves traveling to Dark Valley by the long route, infiltrating the Bandit Base and taking Borov's Documents prior to returning them to Veles.
- Needless to say, the mission plan does not execute painlessly for the player since acquisition of the documents alienates both the local bandits and their truce-brothers the Monolithians down at the Monolith Base.
- Predictably, the player is sent to the Monolith Base to enter the Darklab in order to retrieve further information for Sin in the parallel Get file about experiments mission which spawns upon taking Borov's Documents.
- The current mission ends when the player returns to the Mines with Borov's Documents and the relevant textfile from the PC next to the Documents from Lab X18, part 5.
- The Find the bandits' documents mission does not spawn in the first instance, since the player did not Go deeper into the mines, did not meet Veles, joined Duty instead and plays out a different storyline fork.
- Acquisition of Borov's Documents is still quite possible and may be handed over to Petrenko later on after delivering the various Lab X-18 documents to him.
- Since taking Borov's Documents makes forty-six enemies for the player, much as completing the Free the Dutyer from prison mission does, some careful pre-planning can make life much less problematic.
- Entering Lab X-18 is possible if the code is known (5271) and may be performed while on non-hostile terms with the Monolith.
- Just remember to obtain an Xray PDA Downloads module and install it beforehand.
- Leaving the Mines by the required southern exit may easily result in the player coming into conflict with a lone Merc traveling in the direction of the Service Station. This results in the later Eliminate the mercs side mission failing (v1.3003)