|“|| It isn't safe in the open, find a route through the mines.|
- Oleg Gusarov, Find the entrance to the mines
- Go deeper into the mines spawns shortly after the player arrives at the entrance to the Mines and plays out in a variety of resolutions or storyline forks.
- The player proceeds as instructed, is bopped over the head as indicated in the image above, with the mission concluding at that point.
- The player then talks to Veles, performs a series of tasks for Sin that end when the player leaves the mines.
- This is the 'normal' storyline progression.
Joining Duty resolutionEdit
- If the player took exception to the Sin faction and exterminated their contingent at the Sin House, then the option of Joining Duty arises.
- In this fork, Petrenko warns the player against further ingress into the Mines (fatal to the player's actor)
- Provisionally the mission ends and Petrenko sends the player to "Reach X-18 lab" in a secondary fork.
- If this option is pursued to a conclusion then Go deeper into the mines fails irreversibly.
Joining Duty resolution (variation)Edit
- As part of the previous fork, the player ignores joining a paramilitary outfit, pays Barkeep 10,000 Ru to patch things up, and then returns to the Mines to conclude the (previously concluded) mission - see Gallery.
- This has the effect of rendering the Sin faction 'friendly' to the player for the remainder of the game.
- Returns the player to the 'normal resolution' storyline.
Go it aloneEdit
- As noted in the Main Mission Strategy the whole section of the Storyline up to Talk with the scientist may be subverted without irreparable damage to overall gameplay.