Got a job for you, Marked One...
|“|| ...came to in the den of some dude, can't remember anything. Just have a PDA on me with a picture of some other dude. There's just one message in the PDA - kill Strelok|
- Detailed task information
- The basic underlying directive of the game is for the player to kill the player.
- Since the mission is basically flawed, and in the released game only succeeded by the player reaching the Monolith for one of the "bad" endings; this mission is implemented differently in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
- The task will be part of the player's mission list for the early game, but will be determined in the jail cell with Doc after the Meet the Informer subtask.
- Unlike the Base Game, the mission may not be successfully concluded, and fails in the jail cell.
- The mission consists of two parts:
- Find Strelok
- Kill Strelok
- During the dialogue with Doc the player is informed that their actor was once called Strelok.
- At this point Strelok is 'found', and since volitional suicide is impossible (sarcophagus cutscenes to the contrary), as well as undesirable, the "Kill Strelok" task fails automatically.
- Trivially, every event that kills the player's actor would satisfy the second condition of the mission, with the first such occurrence revealing who the player 'is'. Obviously this happens in neither game; therefore the mission is flawed.