|“|| Well, actually, there is something you could help with. The scientists need an escort. They want to take some readings and will be in constant danger from Monolith and mutant attacks. I would gladly help, but I cannot spare any men at this time what with the constant Monolith presence.|
- Lt Vasilev, Mission briefing
- This is another straightforward continuity mission task.
- Meeting the contact will end the mission and spawn its successor shortly afterwards.
- The distance to travel is not great but there will be several well armed Monolithians to be dealt with.
- At least one sniper occupies an apartment block on the main boulevard and has an excellent view of the player.
- A small company are centered around an open air campfire about midway to the objective.
- All are known to use grenades.
- Removing them from the board will make the conclusion of the next mission task less prone to failure.
- The sniper(s) pack Sniper rifle SVDm-2 hardware, shoot through walls, and frequently drop their pieces on the outside of the apartment block.
- The Stash of the artifact hunters in a nearby garage might be a useful place to store valuables.
- Leaving a Sniper rifle SVDm-2 in the open runs the risk of having it "collected" by the Ecologists' field agent as he meanders back to his base after the next mission.