This article or section could use some images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on this page's talk page.
Player's Previous ActionsEdit
Shortly beforehand, player must first talk to Oleg Gusarov and then gullible bandit. Gusarov will tell the player how to find a bandit jacket, which temporarily makes them a member of Bandit Faction. After speaking to the gullible bandit and obtaining password, the player can safely enter Monolith factory.
Meeting With InformerEdit
Once inside Monolith factory, the player must wander around through buildings totally lost until they eventually find the right person. Buildings are large and can be quite confusing in places, and Monolithians inside can't even tell you anything interesting, let alone how to traverse without getting lost. However, if player can systematically comb the buildings and remember which places they have already come from, looting is possible (batteries and other useful items are found in certain places).
Eventually, whether through careful planning or dumb luck, player will find the Monolith informer. Upon speaking with him, Marked One will ask "You're that guy, are you not?" The Monolithian will be confused until player explains the meaning, at which point the Monolithian will decide to help because he is a man of honour. He temporarily distracts his boss while player goes to the boss's office to retrieve the Document.
Note, however, that this triggers the Military attack on the factory. If the player stays and simply waits out battle, the Monolithians have no trouble defeating the Military and usually lose only 2-3 members. This provides player with many looting opportunities, and several soldiers will carry cash.
- Monolith informer is the only NPC with anything to say. All other NPC in the area, when asked, "Can you tell me something interesting?", will reply:
- "Well I'm not really up to date with the latest news",
- "Nothing. Trying to make it that's all",
- Or if they have already been approached, "Don't know anything else."
- When attempting to talk to some NPC's (Monolith Boss Wanja Saban and guards, Matwel Rodnjanski, Roma Sergei, Wasja Gorlewol and others) they may reply, "Hey!", but they are not asked the question.
- Perhaps, it was not worth the trouble for DEZ to add more flavored dialogue to non-unique Monolith NPCs. Or perhaps he thought the process of working through a platoon sized group confusing enough and limited replies to the those shown above.
- Monolith boss's office is also storage area for Alkaline batteries, food, etc. However he will not care if you steal everything right in front of him.
- Documents in the office will not spawn until after the player has spoken with Monolith informer; this is probably good, as a first-time player might otherwise grab them before it was advantageous and suddenly have factory full of hostile Monolithians and no armour but a bandit jacket.