Got a job for you, Marked One...
This article or section could use some images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on this page's talk page.
|“|| Anomaly "Stew" is able to create such an artifact at the rarest, most extreme collection of physical conditions. The result is a semi-transparent, hard object. A rare and expensive artifact.|
- Encyclopedia entry
- There are far, far more Slug artifacts than there are Mica artifacts on the Lost Alpha board.
- The "Stew" anomaly reference above implies that the developers worked overtime in attributing TWO different names for the parent anomaly before settling upon the Fruit Punch etymology.
- In the Lost Alpha, the naming of the parent anomaly references similarly named anomalies mentioned in the novel Roadside Picnic.
- The only game-repeatable spawn of this artifact seems to be found in Lab X10 and there are instances when that doesn't show up.
- Another specimen might be placed well south of the Loner Hamlet in the Swamps just north of the road.
- The Mica is a key ingredient for the Artifact Merger synthesis of two other, useful artifacts, the Compass and the Liver; although the potential changes to resources, value and putative benefits should be carefully considered before attempting conversion.
|Lost Alpha Artifacts|