Find the way into
- This storyline fork consists of nine distinct sub-missions punctuated with cutscene flyovers:
- Help the military (military thread)
- Help the military advance (military thread)
- Fortify the gate (military thread)
- Destroy the BTR (military thread)
- Help fight off the ambush. (military thread)
- Help eliminate the heli hunters (military thread)
- Help eliminate the mutants (military thread)
- Meet with the military recon leader (military thread)
- Help the recon unit (military thread)
- With the conclusion of the last mission giving the player the necessary door code that will enable the conclusion of:
- Which will return the player to the main thread of the Storyline.
- As noted on the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant page:
- The player usually arrives from Pripyat through the western portal on foot having traversed the gloom of the Pripyat Underground and most likely picked up more damage skirmishing in Pripyat.
- There are no facilities for repairs.
- The player will be tasked with meeting the commander of the local Military detachment prior to being offered this Main mission fork to assist them with a multistage assault on the Monolith defenders of the station (who are present in considerable strength following their retreat from Radar)
- The player may decline to assist but the option for this Main mission fork will then be determined.
- Part of the sequence will also involve a scripted "Mutant Attack" after the initial Monolith contingent has been eliminated, with a minor Zombified Stalker attack as previously eliminated Monolithians are reanimated.
- The player is then escorted and introduced to the Military leader in the area, Macarov; assists their elimination of the Monolith troops guarding the door by providing support from a BTR-70 Armored Personnel Carrier and is given the door code as a reward.
- Broadly speaking, the Military fork has more of the "feel" of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky mission sequence than a typical Shadow of Chernobyl mission set.
- There are only three entries in the "task_manager.ltx" file that relate to the nine distinct missions that make up the Military fork.
- One of these clearly relates to finding the (military) recon unit; but the other two are equal in their rewards (+8 rank, +100 Military relationship) and mention "help_military" and "help_dudaev".
- The other, quite discrete missions, have no declared parameters within the task manager file.
- Game script files are obscure regarding any mission rewards too.
- As mentioned on the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant page, there is no pressing necessity to take this mission fork. Other options are available to the player.