|Nomad's belongings (quest)|
Find this bloke's gear.
Rank increase: +3
|“|| Then I just have to go there and get the passkey then?|
- Marked One, (Regarding X10)
|“|| That won't work. There's an anomaly - a really strange one around the garbage hills. It's a sure-kill type that no artifact nor suit can protect you from. Except...|
- Nomad, Preamble
- Marked One
|“|| My special belongings. If you carry them with you, you'll survive the anomaly. But they have been stolen from me by a monster! I had to give it up or it would've turned me insane. Get my belongings back and I will give you the safe's combination so we may shut this place down!|
- Nomad, Mission briefing
- Ostensibly a simple courier mission.
- Returning the contents of Nomad's Belongings to the owner concludes the mission.
- However, as soon as the player agrees to retrieve this quest item for Nomad, Captain addresses the player and co-opts him/her for the Meet the Patriarch multi-step sequence which will run as a parallel mission.
- Conclusion of that task set precipitates a Blowout giving the player about three minutes to reach Nomad's little hut by a pretty circuitous route for this mission.
- Running to that location will be necessary.
- Best practice is to enter the hut closing the door immediately afterwards, making a combat save to preserve any soon-to-be-dead Monolithian warriors on the map when the Blowout ends; eat and drink whether the player's actor needs to or not, then black out for up to ten hours during which time the Controller spawns inside the hut with the player (and is unable to escape)
- After dealing with the Controller at close quarters, eat and drink again, retrieve the loot that makes up the "stash", and then loot any dead Monolithians on the way back to Nomad to end the mission.
- Quite a few victims are found at genuflection places around the Brain Scorcher emitters.
- Reloads after the blowout will remove the bodies and their belongings.
- (Make a lootpile somewhere convenient in the vicinity and drive round for it all later)
- If the player doesn't want to play nice with the Monolithians and pay their 5000 Ru 'fee', then the location may not be marked on the map, in addition to the necessity to retire 20+ well armed adversaries.