Got a job for you, Marked One...
|Pripyat Underground(Lost Alpha)|
Railway terminus (from CS cut content)
Pripyat Underground(Lost Alpha) is a major location in the standalone Mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
- The level amalgamates considerable portions of Limansk Hospital (Clear Sky) with Pripyat Underground (Call of Pripyat) to form one contiguous labyrinth that the player travels through to reach Pripyat.
- Many parts are quite radioactive, most have an abundance of anomalies and all have the potential for mutant attacks.
- The level may be divided into four areas of interest:
- Very redolent of the Limansk Hospital level in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky but with no chopper attack.
- Highly infested with anomalies which appear to be de-tuned for this mission segment in terms of their trigger radii.
- Wildlife comprises a pair of Bloodsuckers with a gang of Zombies further in.
- The player has welcome support from Guide at this stage and may conserve ammo.
- Guide only escorts the player as far as the Underground entrance proper.
Subterranean dual carriagewayEdit
- The first part of the Underground proper is very radioactive, is occupied by snorks and rats and is best traversed quickly to avoid suit degradation or conflict.
- A ladder up to a short network of broad sewers should lead the player to the well lit Subterranean dual carriageway where there is a need to locate a corpse by minimap triangulation (there is no map of the underground) in order to obtain the pass-code for a door later on.
- There is loot in the area and in side rooms.
- Only rats need concern the player at this stage. Any "player crushing anomalies" should be avoided.
Roadway back to UndergroundEdit
- With the passcode secured (and now undroppable for the remainder of the game) the player ascends the first of the laddered steel columns after dealing with the snork pair and avoiding the Burner anomalies.
- More than one of the side rooms upstairs are laddered back down to the second set of anomaly infested radioactive sewers where a Ratpack and a group of six zombified stalkers will converge on the player. A local heap of rubble provides altitude from the rats and corner cover from which to eliminate the Zombified Stalkers.
- These sewers lead into a Mine warren of smaller timbered tunnels where the player has a choice of routes.
- Generally choosing the left 'path' seems to work well and it is possible to descend to a lower, similarly styled level occupied by a naked Burer. The upper level contains rats and possibly a pair of Morlocks.
- Eventually the player arrives at the codelocked door to the Subteranean rail terminal.
Subterranean rail terminalEdit
- Occupied by a few rodents and snorks, with a gang of zombies in the adjacent tunnel areas, the terminal is otherwise unpopulated.
- Player needs to get past them up to the central platform, then climb variously to the top of the service walkways and negotiate towards the right as seen from the entry door in search of the Level exit to Pripyat.
- An alternative route exists; around the excavator to the right, working up the earthworks towards the first gantry ladder. This avoids two snorks and the rodents, but is challenging if heavily laden.
- Clearly the player needs good radiation protection implying SEVA suit, SSP-99M suit or a suitably equipped Military armored suit as first choices. It is possible to use middle grade armour but this tends to be heavy on medkits and antirads.
- Second generation Night vision could be a distinct advantage.
- While a handgun will sort out the Rats, Rodents and the Zombified Stalkers, a suitably modded Chaser 13 is helpful with the larger mutants but not essential. The "Green box cache" in the first office conveniently contains 40 cartridges of buckshot and a choice of shotgun.
- The player will also be carrying an assault rifle of choice for business in Pripyat immediately after conclusion of the level.
- The Pripyat Sewers mission is one of the more confusing. While tunnel system is not particularly difficult to navigate, the absence of a discernible path leads to a considerable exploring before the exit is found. If intending to carry out the loot found in the sewers, carry a lot of anti-rad meds as there are many irradiated areas.
- A note on the importance of selecting the right gear for the mission ahead is shown in the gallery.
- Some good loot is available within the level including:
- PSZ 9Md Universal Protection with 1st gen NV.
- Monolith suit with no NV.
- Tunder S14.
- Artifact Merger
- Black Kite
- There is also a wide variety of food items, medkits, antirad, batteries and ammunition in the level, together with some minor but potentially useful artifacts.
- Even the vending machines will still provide Energy drinks, and the dead zombified stalkers varying random loot. All of which will overburden the player unless necessity is given consideration. See also Gallery image.
- In the Underground to Roadway phase there is a blocked level transition with the message "Blocked due to cave-in".
- The game files indicate that this leads to Outskirts,
although the actual arrival point is not clear.
- The Exit/Entrance point of the Pripyat Sewers in Pripyat City is shown in the gallery in small and large detail and is located on the east side of main North-South boulevard towards the end of the row of apartment buildings lining the road.
- Using console commands and "nocliping" trough the walls will show that the level is on a different part of the map (the player, when in noclip) is on the other side of the map indicated on the map.
|Lost Alpha game locations|