|“|| " - No entry - "|
- encyclopedia description
Appearing as a floating form of heat haze surrounded by a fiery glow, the Pyrogeists appear a lot like their telekinetic cousin. They are easily distinguishable from the latter with their orange glow instead of blue. On death, they explode in a mess of blood and fire somewhat similar to the way Poltergeists die in the later two games.
- A Pyrogeists' primary and only attack is spawning pillars of fire, similar to Burner anomalies. While hard to shoot or aim at and being generally quite fast, they are far from invulnerable. A couple of shotgun blasts at close range or a couple of magazines from an assault rifle are usually all it takes to get rid of these mutants.
- No body part is recoverable from the remains when they are dispatched, although they are easy to lure into anomaly clusters and may trigger Artifact Spawns.
- The Pyrogeist can be a formidable opponent if the player has the misfortune to encounter one of the many "fire-traps" that it spawns.
- Although robust of constitution, the Pyrogeist can be taken out with pistol fire.
- In the open, they frequently run through anomalies (or may be lured into doing so) and are quite susceptible to Electro anomaly damage.
- In the event that one of these opponents 'rests' in a particular area, F1 Grenades or RGD-5 Grenades are very useful aids in defeating it.
|Lost Alpha Mutants|