- With the pleasantries concluded in Meet Monolith informer, the player may safely remove the Document from the base commander's office.
- Picking up the Document triggers a Military raid on the Monolith Base. The outcome of the raid is different in Lost Alpha and Developer's Cut:
- In Lost Alpha (up to v1.3003) the military strike force is heavily outgunned but may advance as far as the player's location in the office, certainly there is the risk of a blast from a grenade thrown by either side. The player is advised to keep a low profile and just wait for the raid to finish.
- In Developer's Cut (v1.4000+) the military strike force wipes the Monolithians and advances towards the player. Taking good cover in the base commander's office enables the player to take out the military raiders one by one, a good supply of ammunition presupposed.
- Taking the Document also starts the Reach Darkscape mission whereby the player is supposed to acquire the local Lada Niva Hospital Service deathtrap and attempt to evade a helicopter chase to the Level transfer point.
- In Lost Alpha (up to v1.3003) Documents in the office will not spawn until after the player has spoken with Monolith informer; this is probably good, as a first-time player might otherwise grab them before it was advantageous and suddenly have factory full of hostile Monolithians and no armour but a bandit jacket.
- In Developer's Cut (v1.4000+) the Documents are available before the player has spoken with Monolith informer; grabbing them beforehand may break the storyline.
- Monolith boss's office is also storage area for Alkaline batteries, food, etc. However he will not care if you steal everything right in front of him.
- There is no actual pressure to leave the Monolith Base so the player might wish to arbitrage the loot from the victims of the raid.