Soldier suit third person view.
The Soldier suit is a protective suit featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“|| A special suit for diversionary military operations, not bad protection from armour-piercing bullets and help to to carry many useful items with you.|
- Inventory description
- The item was cut almost entirely from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl with the exception of the Military checkpoint attic stash that was wearable but only a trophy item at best.
- The suit has been re-introduced for the Lost Alpha and is quite functional as of patch 1.3003 despite a couple of coding errors.
- Pretty decent specs for firefights, not so useful for general exploration.
- Available from Trader Petrenko for a relatively vast sum of 59999 Ru, the currently used inventory icon is that of the Berill-5M armoured suit.
- The inventory graphic showing the player's actor wearing the suit is also that of the Beril since there is no graphic icon to represent the Soldier suit.
- More confusingly, the inventory icon is also that of the Beril (presumably for simplicity) even though there is an accessible inventory icon for the Soldier suit.
- The second and third person views of the suit is NOT the Beril, of course, but one more representative of a 'Military Commander'.
- Unlike the Skat-9 military armoured suit which has bugged specs, this suit degrades at a normal pace but since it is classed as 'unique', may not be upgraded or repaired.
- The correct inventory icon may be accessed by editing the 'outfit.ltx' file in 'items' for the "soldier suit" entry as follows:
- For the inventory icon field, change "x" to 36 and "y" to 4.
- Since the inventory icon is square rather than rectangular (similar to Leather jacket or Bandit jacket), change the icon height value from "3" to "2".