|“|| "small toolkit"|
- Inventory description
- This is one part of the item set that Alex requests that the player obtain for him during the Help the forgotten stalker trader that spawns as a consequence of conversation during an initial meeting (v1.30013 to 1.4002)
- The player may decline to assist the trader, in which event the mission will not be re-offered and reaching the Merc trader (Milo) will be problematic or even impossible without conflict.
- From v1.4005 the Small toolkit is referred to as Tools for fine work and are required quest items for a number of Technicians.
- This toolkit can be found at the Pumping Station next to the little lake near Alex the Trader, if you go outside and turn right (v1.30013 to 1.4002)
- The Transistors that form the other element of the mission are located in the Bandit village, in a generic basement inside the Map Construction Site in the middle of the Map.
- Player's easiest option is to just run in and grab the item.
- As of v1.4000, until v1.4002, another instance of this item may be obtained from the non-volatile corpse of a bandit, inexplicably present on the board in the broken, anomaly infested tunnel under the Destroyed Soviet Building in Garbage.
- From v1.4005 there are multiple instances of this item on the board.
- A target item for the following quests or side missions:
- Help the forgotten stalker trader (Alex to v1.4002)
- Bring the tools to Fox (v1.4005+)
- Bring the tools to Kulibin (v1.4005+)
- Bring the tools to Father Diodor (v1.4005+)
- Known locations for this item are:
- At Sakharov's bunker nearby is ex-military structure with a helicopter. In front of the helicopter the tools for fine work are on a box.
- In the Bandit's Village in Dead City at the top of the tower. (Run in, grab, run out)
- At the Army Warehouses in the room opposite the one where MadDog's PC is located, in the vicinity of the Commander's stuff stash location.
- At the Water Dam in Countryside in a desk.
- There are Swampbeasts in the adjacent radioactive swamp (in Forgotten) and some may be attracted by the player's arrival.