|“|| Located in the anomaly called "Vortex". When it touches the body it disseminates the directed of radiation, protecting from scratches or wounds made by weapons. This artifact isn't hard to find, that's why they don't pay much for it.|
- Encyclopedia entry
- Contrary to the claims of the Encyclopedia, this is a much less common artifact in the Lost Alpha than it was in the Base Game.
- Several may be located by or in the spawn point anomaly cluster towards the south of the Darkscape level.
- Other specimens may be spotted while driving through Countryside and a few may be found in the boondocks of Outskirts.
- Of the two tins on the platform roof near the Snork nest in Rostok, the southernmost tin contains a Wrenched placement. The artifact will fall through the roof to the platform when the tin is opened. The other tin is discussed in the Crystal article.
- Another artifact that had its icon and image radically changed after Shadow of Chernobyl.
- The subsequent 'new' icon has been used for the Lost Alpha Ball of Twine artifact, which incorporates some useful features similar to those seen in the Call of Pripyat version of Wrenched.