Yantar loading image
- Yantar is a major location appearing in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha standalone Mod.
- The Yantar of Lost Alpha bears little resemblance to the same location in the Base Game and far more to the cut level previously seen in Build 1935.
- X16 no longer resides in the level. Instead, the area has been replaced with a giant tunnel system and train platform.
- The entire area is a dried up, over-pumped lake, with junk pockets lying around the map.
- A large, abandoned village located on the west hand side of the map.
- Very much a clone of the Bloodsucker Village (located in the Military Warehouses) with six to eight Bandits and without Bloodsuckers.
- A medium sized, derelict village, located between the two Great Metal Factory entrances.
- The village is populated by a few Loners and leader, Father Diodor.
- A small, derelict, occupied boat launching house, located near the south of the map.
- Populated with eight Duty troopers including their leader for this map, Greben.
- A large, derelict science station, located in the center of the map.
- Populated with around twelve Military soldiers.
- A small, Ecologist run transportable bunker, located in the north-west corner of the map.
- Populated by Military and Ecologists. Professor Kruglov can also be found here.
- A widespread tunnel system below Yantar.
- Two storyline missions take place here.
Notable Locations Edit
- Found near the northern entrance to the Great Metal Factory.
- It consists from a small courtyard with a building strange and a nearby maintenance area inhabited by five Bandits.
- A small, derelict military outpost that once housed an elevator down to Yantar Underground, located in the north portion of the map (just above Radar Station complex).
- Becomes occupied by Loners later on.
- There are nine repeatable side missions, given by professor Sakharov:
- Conditional upon the courier mission being given:
- Conditional upon the "PDA parts" sequence being given:
- Conditional on the PDA being 'fixed':
- Another storyline side mission may be given to the player after returning the package to Sakharov by the Rookie loner Oleg Rugov who spawns near the the underground entrance.
Notable Loot Edit
- x1 Medkit can be found on the tractor seat, near the Duty Boathouse.
- x1 Stone Flower artifact at the cross roads to the ex-military structure/Radar Station.
- x1 Stone Flower can also be found blocking the First anomaly field (between the road split down the hill).
- x1 Green Parasite can be found next to an incredibly strong Springboard anomaly (a little ways south of the Yantar Underground).
- Ex-Military Structure (directly south of Sakharov's Bunker):
- x2 Army medkit can be found at the entrance (one in the back of the left side truck and one inside a destructible box, hidden up on the right side cargo containers).
- x2 boxes of 12x70 Buckshot rounds and x1 Smoke Grenade (inside the green shed on a set of shelves.
- A TRs 301 and a bottle of Mossandra wine are located in the locker of the grey booth behind the green shed.
- x3 Rat pies and x2 Tinned Sardines underneath inside the tunnel (inside a destructible crate).
- x1 Stone Flower can also be found outside the north tunnel entrance (obscured by bushes).
- x1 Meat Chunk artifact can be found blocking the Second anomaly field.
- x1 SSP-99M suit and x1 Army medkit on a set of shelves inside a small, hidden bunker just south of the Dead City entrance.
- Leaving this area through the Springboard cluster without sustaining damage is possible if the player has an Elite anomaly detector. Simply navigate (slowly) between the anomaly icons on the mini-map.
- Alternatively, keep at least one packing case, push it under a vent / window, and climb out of the place without attempting the cluster.
- x1 "Tunder" 5.45 unique variant of Groza S14 assault rifle, modified to fire 5.45×39mm caliber. Can be found in the middle of the Yantar map, at the Radar Station. On the map the first antenna from above, left of the crossing road. On the green roof of the building under the antenna with an Electro anomaly.
- There are Blowout shelters within the level but they sometimes seem remote and difficult to reach. Traveling light is always an advantage.
- Unfortunately due to a design oversight, there are no blowout shelters in the Loner Village.
- Since there is no shelter within the Loner Village this can result in Father Diodor being caught in a Blowout and removed from the game. Since he starts out locked behind a door trying to get out, with care he can be asked for repairs etc., without letting him out to wander to his death in a Blowout.
- It is possible to gain surreptitious access to this level from Construction Site.
- In the Developer's Cut version, the underground was changed, and the dried lake received reeds and more vegetation.
|Lost Alpha game locations|